OCTOBER 13, 2019
The Broomfield Rotary Club has supported many charities in Colorado for over 50 years. In the past 10 years alone, Broomfield Rotary has raised and donated more than $1 million for charitable causes. Broomfield Rotary has supported the work of A Precious Child, an organization providing opportunities and resources to children in need to empower them to achieve their full potential. Since its founding in 2008, A Precious Child has served more than 232,000 children in need in Colorado.
The Broomfield Trails Marathon was established to bring together these two impactful organizations while further engaging both the local and broader communities and bringing a signature race series to the Broomfield area. One hundred percent of proceeds from the Broomfield Trails Marathon will go to charitable endeavors: Fifty percent to support A Precious Child’s mission and fifty percent to Broomfield Rotary to distribute to other causes through the Broomfield Rotary Charitable Foundation.
The Broomfield Trails Marathon will soon become the largest running event in the North Metro area of Denver. Event day will include a Full and Half Marathon, a 10K and a 5K. The races are designed to attract runners and walkers of all skill levels and ages.
The venue is located in the heart of Broomfield at the Broomfield Community Center. The area abuts the Mamie Eisenhower Library, the Civic Center and the North Metro Fire Admin Offices which means easy access and abundant parking. The view of the mountains from this location is truly spectacular.
There will be an Expo Area where our Sponsors and Vendors will have booths set up for attendees to browse and shop. There will be food and beverages stands throughout the area as well.
First and foremost, this is an event designed for the entire family to attend, participate and enjoy. There will be medals for the top finishers and ribbons for all participants along with other sign-up prizes. But it is also designed to appeal to the more serious runners, as there will be cash prizes available for the Full and Half Marathons.
Features of the Event Include:
- Ribbons for all finishers
- Medals for Marathon and Half Marathon runners
- Cash prizes for the Full and Half Marathons *see below)
- Treats and festivities after the races
- A Sponsor and Vendor Expo
- Fully supported course with aid stations every two miles
- Professional chip timing
- Professional photo downloads after the event
Cash Prizes for the Marathon and Half Marathon are as follows:
- 1st Place: $300 Male and Female
- 2nd Place: $200 Male and Female
- 3rd Place: $150 Male and Female
- 1st Place: $200 Male and Female
- 2nd Place: $150 Male and Female
- 3rd Place: $100 Male and Female
$114 (expires 11:59PM 6/30/2019)
$129 (expires 11:59PM 8/30/2019)
$144 (expires 11:59PM 10/12/2019)
$159 Registration Race Day
$99 (expires 11:59PM 6/30/2019)
$109 (expires 11:59PM 8/30/2019)
$124 (expires 11:59PM 10/12/2019)
$139 Registration Race Day
$30: Seniors 65+, Youths (up to 12) and Athletes w/Disabilities (thru 8/30/2019)
$60: Adults (13 to 64) (thru 8/30/2019)
$40: Seniors 65+, Youths (up to 12) and Athletes w/Disabilities (thru 10/12/2019)
$65/$45 (respectively) Registration Race Day
$25: Seniors 65+, Youths (up to 12) and Athletes w/Disabilities (thru 8/30/2019)
$50: Adults (13 to 64) (thru 8/30/2019)
$35: Seniors 65+, Youths (up to 12) and Athletes w/Disabilities (thru 10/12/2019)
$55/$40 (respectively) Registration Race Day
$129 (expires 11:59PM 10/12/2019
$139 Registration Race Day
$289 (thru 6/30/2019)
$305 (thru 8/30/2019)
$319 (thru 10/12/2019)
No Registration available on Race Day for Marathon Relay
Please note: Team Captains are responsible for ensuring each member of the relay team and each Adult member of the Family pack and adults for minors, have signed a waiver. This notice serves as a FULL AND GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY of the Broomfield Rotary Club, Inc., a Colorado nonprofit corporation, is sponsoring these races for the benefit of Precious Child and other charitable organizations in the Broomfield area.
Please take advantage of the pre-race packet pickup – time and date to be determined. The packet will include: Shirt, Racing Bib, Timing Chip and Safety Pins.
We will have plenty of parking available – please stay tuned for more details
- 6:30 AM – Race day registration for 5K and 10K; Packet pickup available
- 8:00 AM – Full and Half Marathon Start / Marathon Relay Team Start
- 9:00 AM – 10K and 5K Start
- 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. – After Race Party and Vendor Expo
- Dog owners: Dogs will not be allowed to participate in the marathon and half marathon races. Those wishing to bring their well-behaved dog to run/walk with them in the 10K and 5K must begin in the later waves designated for dog owners.
- Aid stations: There will be aid stations approximately every two miles with water, a hydration drink and either power bars/gels. There will be additional food, water and snacks at the finish line for participants.
- Race routes: You can access downloadable maps, mobile-friendly maps, elevations, photos, KML and GPX files, race certifications and more at our race measuring website. We encourage spectators along the route!
Prize & Award Ceremonies
There are CASH prizes for Full and Half Marathoners, medals (gold, silver, and bronze) for top runners, and ribbons for all finishers.
- All full and half marathon runners will receive finisher medals. 10K and 5K participants will receive finishers ribbons.
- 5K & 10K Awards @ 10:30 a.m.: Awards include medals for overall winners (Men & Women), Winners in each age bracket (Men & Women).
- Half Marathon Awards @ 11:15 a.m.: Awards include cash prizes and medals for overall winners (Men & Women), medals for winners in each age bracket (Men & Women).
- Full Marathon Awards @ Noon: Awards include cash prizes and medals for overall winners (Men & Women), medals for winners in each age bracket (Men & Women).
All participants and spectators are invited to attend the after-race party that will take place in Broomfield Community Park adjoining the start/finish line. There will be music by DJ Jenny D from KOSI Radio, food trucks, a beer garden and vendors.
After leaving the START-LINE at Broomfield Civic Center on Spader Way, the course passes the historic yellow Brunner Farm and heads north to join LAKE LINK TRAIL. At mile 2, looking west, lies the purple FLAT IRON RANGE with the panoramic view of the majestic ROCKIES stretching north to south with LONGS PEAK in full view. Before descending the escarpment, on a clear day one can see Wyoming. You will be cheered on by the constant chirping of the many prairie dogs being constant spectators. At mile 4, the trail makes a 90 degree turn onto ROCK CREEK TRAIL to the west, passing the original Miller Farm and its stage coach station. On these grasslands the Arapahoe and Cheyenne hunted pronghorn and grazed cattle. Around STEARNS LAKE coyotes can be seen stalking migrating vast varieties of waterfowl. At this trails’ end, the course moves onto paved cycle path, gently climbing up DECEPTION HILL to the 1st Bank Center, followed by downhill to the BIG DRY CREEK TRAIL. This follows the tree lined creek with nesting bald eagles, red tailed hawk or horned owls camouflaged in the trees. After 7 miles, the trail turns west through suburban streets and onto QUAIL CREEK, MCKAY LANDING and past PLASTER LAKE for the final flat push to the FINISH at the Community Center. Refreshments, massage, music, family and friends will welcome the FINISHERS.
Directions to start:
The starting line is at Broomfield Civic Center on Spader Way.