FAQ Broomfield Trails Marathon
- FAQ Broomfield Trails Marathon
- 1. Where do I find race results?
Results will be posted on the Broomfield Marathon website
- 2. Is the full Marathon a Boston Qualifier?
Yes, the course will be certified and therefore will be a Qualifier for Boston and other marathons as well
- 3. Is the 5K a qualifier for Bolder Boulder?
Yes, both the 10K and 5K can be used as qualifiers for the Bolder Boulder.
- 4. When does registration close?
Registrations for the Half-Marathon, 10K and 5K will be open through to Race Day, Nov 4, 2018 Until 7:30 am for the Half and 8:30 am for the 10K and 5K. Registration for the Marathon will close at 5 pm on Nov. 1, 2018.
- 5. Are dogs allowed on course?
Dogs are NOT allowed on the half or full marathon, however well behaved dogs ARE allowed on 5K and 10K. There will be waves designated for runners with dogs.
- 6. Can I walk the race?
There is time limit of 6 hours Full and Half Marathons and 5 hours on 10K and 5K.
- 7. Is there a post race party?
There will be an After-Race Party located close to the finish line.
- 8. What are the Elite runner rules?
Elite entry and prize money rules state: To qualify for prize purse or bonus an athlete must not be represented by coaches/agents who have had 2 or more athletes suspended or banned for performance enhancing drugs in the previous 4 years
- 9. Is there Team Relay registration?
Yes, register on this web site.
- 10. Are there age requirements?
You must be 16 years old for the Marathon and 12 years old to run the ½ Marathon and Team relay as of November 4, 2018.
- 11. Can I change my entry in exchange for another event?
You may switch races prior to November 1, 2018.
- 12. If I get injured and cannot race, can I get a refund?
The Broomfield Trails Marathon does not offer refunds for any reason. Runners insurance is recommended.
- 13. Where should I park?
Parking is available in and around Broomfield Community Park and Municipal offices
- 14. Is there a bag check available?
All races have a pre-check bag check.
- 15. Is there a time limit for each event?
Full and half Marathon and Team relays have a 6 hour time limit.
- 16. Are strollers allowed?
Due to a safety risk, strollers will be allowed on the 10K and 5K runs only and will be at the rear starting positions.
- 17. How will my individual time be recorded?
The latest chip timing technology will be used for all runners. Your time starts when you cross the starters line.
- 18. Is the timing the same for relay teams?
Relay runners will be carrying a baton with a timing chip to hand off to each member.
- 19. How many aid stations are there along the route?
There 12 aid stations at approximately 2 miles apart.
- 20. What is available at the aid stations?
Water, Ice, Coke-Cola, Gatorade, energy bars and sponges.
- 21. Can I switch corrals to run with friends?
You may switch to a slower corral on race day, but not to a faster corral. You can ask for a faster corral at the Expo.
- 22. When and where is the packet pick up?
A PRECIOUS CHILD
7051 W. 118th Ave.
Broomfield, CO 80020
Thursday, 11/01 / 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday, 11/02 3:00 – 5:00 PM
10436 Town Center Dr., Ste. 300
Westminster, CO 80021
Saturday, 11/03 / 11:00AM – 1:00PM and 4:00PM – 6:00PM
- 23. Can I exchange my shirt size if it doesn’t fit?
Yes. At the Expo
- 24. Where can I get information on the Expo?
Please refer to Expo details
- 25. Where do I find my Bib number?
You will be sent your Bib Number via email. Bring this number to the Expo. It will also be available at the Expo.
FAQ Team Relay
- FAQ Team Relay
- 1. How do I register a relay team?
Register your team on this web site
- 2. Where are exchange zones located?
Check out the Team Relay Map and detailed instructions
- 3. Can I switch legs with team members?
That will up to your Team and Team Captain
- 4. Can I change a runner on a team with another individual?
Yes, but the registration must be updated accordingly
- 5. Can the team Captain make changes to the registration?
Yes, the Captain must update the registration accordingly
- 6. Can the team Captain or team Manager pick up the entire team’s packet?
Yes. It is recommended that the whole team attend the Expo and clarify instructions and change over details
- 7. How does each team member sign the waiver?
All team relay members are required to sign a waiver individually