FAQ Broomfield Trails Marathon
- FAQ Broomfield Trails Marathon
- 1. Where do I find race results?
Results will be posted on the Broomfield Marathon website
- 2. Is the full Marathon a Boston Qualifier?
Yes, the course will be certified and therefore will be a Qualifier for Boston and other marathons as well
- 3. Is the 5K a qualifier for Bolder Boulder?
Only the 10K and the marathon races are certified as qualifiers.
- 4. When does registration close?
Registration for all races available on race day.
- 5. Are dogs allowed on course?
Dogs are NOT allowed on the half, full marathon, or 10K races; however well behaved dogs ARE allowed on 5K. There will be a 5K wave designated for runners with dogs.
- 6. Can I walk the race?
There is time limit of 6 hours Full and Half Marathons and 5 hours on 10K and 5K.
- 7. Is there a post race party?
There will be an After-Race Party located close to the finish line with beer garden and food trucks!
- 8. What are the Elite runner rules?
Elite entry and prize money rules state: To qualify for prize purse or bonus an athlete must not be represented by coaches/agents who have had 2 or more athletes suspended or banned for performance enhancing drugs in the previous 4 years
- 9. Is there Team Relay registration?
Yes, register on this web site.
- 10. Are there age requirements?
You must be 16 years old for the Marathon and 12 years old to run the ½ Marathon and Team relay as of October 13, 2019.
- 11. Can I change my entry in exchange for another event?
You may switch races prior to October 9, 2019. You are able to switch races online. First, login to your account using the email you signed up with at our registration site: https://www.runningguru.com/Home/Login.asp . Then select "Event Registrations." Click on your registration and then click "Change Registration" and follow the instructions.
- 12. If I get injured and cannot race, can I get a refund?
The Broomfield Trails Marathon does not offer refunds for any reason. Runners insurance is recommended.
- 13. Where should I park?
Parking is available in and around Broomfield Community Park and Municipal offices (see map)
- 14. Is there a bag check available?
All races have a pre-check bag check.
- 15. Is there a time limit for each event?
Full and half Marathon and Team relays have a 6 hour time limit.
- 16. Are strollers allowed?
Due to a safety risk, strollers will be allowed on the 5K run only and will be at the rear starting positions.
- 17. How will my individual time be recorded?
The latest chip timing technology will be used for all runners. Your time starts when you cross the starters line.
- 18. Is the timing the same for relay teams?
Yes, all relay team members will have a pre-assigned bib number with timing chip.
- 19. How many aid stations are there along the route?
There 12 aid stations at approximately 2 miles apart.
- 20. What is available at the aid stations?
Water, Ice, Coke-Cola, Gatorade, energy bars, sponges, aspiring, First Aid can be summoned if needed.
- 21. Can I switch corrals to run with friends?
You may switch to a slower corral on race day, but not to a faster corral. You can ask for a faster corral at the Expo.
- 22. When and where is the packet pick up?
A PRECIOUS CHILD
7051 W. 118th Ave.
Broomfield, CO 80020
Thursday, October 10 / 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday, October 11 / 3:00 – 5:00 PM
10436 Town Center Dr., Ste. 300
Westminster, CO 80021
Saturday, October 12 / 12:00 - 4:00PM
Runners can also pick up their race packets the day of the race beginning at 6:30 a.m.
- 23. Can I exchange my shirt size if it doesn’t fit?
Yes. At the Expo
- 24. Where can I get information on the Expo?
- 25. Where do I find my Bib number?
You will be sent your Bib Number via email. Bring this number to the Expo. It will also be available at the Expo.
- 26. Is there a site map of the area?
Here is our preliminary map of our site area
- 27. I need to switch my race, how do I do this?
Race changes can only be made as part of the 2019 Broomfield Marathon event.
Below you will find the instructions to switch your race within the 2019 Broomfield Trails Marathon. All changes need to be be made by October 9th if you are participating in the full or half marathon.
First, login to your account here: https://www.runningguru.com/Home/Login.asp. Then select "Event Registrations." Click on your registration and then click "Change Registration" and follow the instructions.
- 28. Where can we watch the race?
You can line up anywhere along the open space trails or along the sidewalks of 132nd and 134th, Kendall Street, Greenway Dr. and Westlake Dr. to cheer on the marathon runners. Those are the main streets involved in Broomfield, see race course maps available on the website. The runners will be finishing up over at Perry St. as well.
FAQ Team Relay
- FAQ Team Relay
- 1. How do I register a relay team?
Register your team on this web site
- 2. Where are exchange zones located?
Check out the Team Relay Map and detailed instructions
- 3. Can I switch legs with team members?
That will be up to your Team and Team Captain
- 4. Can I change a runner on a team with another individual?
Yes, but the registration must be updated accordingly
- 5. Can the team Captain make changes to the registration?
Yes, the Captain must update the registration accordingly
- 6. Can the team Captain or team Manager pick up the entire team’s packet?
Yes. It is recommended that the whole team attend the Expo and clarify instructions and change over details
- 7. How does each team member sign the waiver?
All team relay members are required to sign a waiver individually which can be turned in at packet pick-up or at registration tent on race day.