- Form a team of five runners
- Choose a Captain to register the team
- Register on line and choose male, female or coed
- Check out the relay leg details e.g. Prairie Dog Alley, Birds at Stearns, Rabbit Run, Bald Eagle Glide and Final Push
- Each team member to select a leg to run
- Arrange and co-ordinate transport to and from drop off and pick-up locations for each leg
Please note: Team Captains are responsible for ensuring each member of the relay team and each Adult member of the Family pack and adults for minors, have signed a waiver. This notice serves as a FULL AND GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY of the Broomfield Rotary Club, Inc., a Colorado nonprofit corporation, is sponsoring these races for the benefit of Precious Child and other charitable organizations in the Broomfield area.
Here are the closest address to each of the changeover points.
- Point #1. 2000 S 104th Str and Rock Creek Trail. Broomfield.
- Point #2. 8001 Arista Place. at 1st Bank Center. Broomfield.
- Point #3. 3900 W 116th Way and Big Dry Creek Trail Head. Westminster.
- Point#4. 1090 W 134th Ave. at Quails Crossing Park. Westminster.
TEAM RELAY – LEG DETAILS
Leg 1 – Prairie Dog Alley 5.24 miles
- Description: An easy run past Brunner Farmhouse on Main Str. to Miramonte Blvd then enter Lake Link Trail. They say on a clear day, you can see Wyoming!! Enjoy the great view of the Rockies and Flatirons Range. At the same time appreciate the Prairie Digs chirping as you pass. The change over is at Stearns Lake.
- Start: Start line on Spader Way at Broomfield Community Park
- Parking: Broomfield Community Park
Leg 2 – Birds at Stearns Lake 5.24 miles
- Description: While on Rock Creek Trail enjoy the vast variety of water fowl on the Stearns Lake. The Trail meanders over open meadows with a resident Cayote. The Flatirons is to the west when you turn south onto Boulder Turnpike Cycle trail, and past Interlocken East Park. Caution should be taken to pace oneself for the gentle climb to the change over at 1st Bank Center.
- START: South 104th Street and Stearns Lake
- Parking: Stearns Lake Parking
LEG 3 – Rabbit Run – 5.24 miles
- Description: Shortly after starting you leave the Trail and enter Wadsworth Blvd. Accompanied by the numerous rabbits and prairie dogs around Lower Church Lake. The course then follows Walnut Creek to Big Dry Creek and through Westminster City Park. Enjoy the birds along the creek on either side, up to the change over at Community College Open Space.
- START: 1ST Bank Center – Broomfield
- PARKING: Park-n-Ride on Transit Way
LEG 4 – Bald Eagle Glide. 5.24 miles
- Description: This flat section follows the nesting location for resident Bald Eagles and Red Trail Hawks. Together with a large variety of birds that have the Big Dry Creek as their nesting grounds. Follow this Trail past Big Dry Creek Park , enjoying the sounds of the creek to the change over at Quail Crossing Park.
- START: Front Range Community Park
- PARKING: West 116th Way and Big Dry Creek Trail entrance.
LEG – 5 FINAL PUSH. 5.24 miles
- Description: This is a relatively flat leg along W134th Avenue through to Westlake Drive and onto the Trial at Broomfield Commons. Enjoy spectators cheering you on together with the chirping of prairie dogs, keeping you on the Trail. Once past Perry Str. it is a flat Trail through Willow Park to Broomfield Reservoir and the FINISH LINE on Spader Way.
- Start: Quail Crossing Park
- Parking: Kalmath Street